CCF Online Masterclass: Advocacy in Action
Join us for this critical online event and receive insight to CCF’s latest advocacy work and achievements in representing the interests of our Members to Government, addressing key issues most pertinent to our industry within the COVID-19 environment.
Hosted by John Kilgour, CEO CCF Victoria, this webinar welcomes Special Guest Presenter Chris Melham, CEO of Civil Contractors Federation National, who will provide an overview of the activities and achievements of the Civil Contractors Federation National at a federal level over the past 12 months. Chris will focus on CCF National’s advocacy efforts to respond to the economic impacts of COVID-19, and to highlight the industry’s priorities in the lead-up to the 2020-2021 Budget.
Chris will also discuss:
- The role CCF National plays to work on behalf of members to lobby for additional infrastructure investments from the Federal Government and to increase funding for skills.
- The direct engagement CCF National had with senior ministers during the year, including the Deputy Prime Minister, the Hon Michael McCormack. Surveys undertaken during 2020 to demonstrate our sector’s strong capacity to take on more infrastructure projects and employ more workers to stimulate the Australian economy.
- The formal submissions CCF National has provided to the Federal Government on a range of matters consistent with CCF National’s policy pillars, including infrastructure investment, skills, industrial relations, procurement and foreign investment.
- CCF’s engagement with a range of government and non-government bodies to advocate for policies that support the civil construction sector.
Chris will also speak about CCF National’s future activities, including the development of an Infrastructure Report that will underpin ongoing engagement with governments at both the federal and state levels.
This is your opportunity to hear from and directly engage with the CEO of CCF National.
Special Guest Presenter:
CHRIS MELHAM - CCF NATIONAL, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Chris Melham has accumulated over 30 years experience as an industry advocate within the not-for-profit industry association sector. He has represented a number of industries at state, federal and international levels and currently represents Australia’s civil construction industry as Chief Executive Officer of Civil Contractors Federation National (CCF).
In his capacity as the CCF National CEO, Chris also sits on a number of high-level Federal Government Advisory Committees representing the interests of CCF including:
- Australian Government Security of Payments Working Group
- Australian Taxation Office Fuel Schemes Advisory Group
- National Heavy Vehicle Regulator Industry Reference Forum
- Standards Australia Council
- Australian Construction Industry Redundancy Trust Fund
Date: Thursday, 26 November 2020
Time: 6:00 am AWST (9:00 am AEST)
Venue: Online Webinar
Cost: CCF MEMBERS: FREE
NON-MEMBERS: $99 (inc. GST) per attendee
RSVP: Tuesday, 24th November 2020
Email your full name and email address (for each attendee), company name to firstname.lastname@example.org